Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My thoughts on Monday Night Raw from July 6/09

Okay peeps (tee-hee) I finally got around to watching this weeks Raw, and all I can say is thank god for the Million Dollar Man and MVP. They made it actually entertaining for the first time in weeks. How sad is it the highlights of the show had nothing to do with wrestling? *Sigh*

This will be much shorter than my Smackdown post, because I didn't bother to take notes and I'm running of memory. And let's face it, not much was memorable. SO here are my impressions on what I can remember.

It was great to see the Million Dollar Man back. I was always a huge fan of his growing up (I think he was the only heel I liked) and he didn't disappoint me. From that first laugh I was enthralled whenever he was on screen this week. I loved every word that came out of his mouth...especially when he told Cody what he thought of his dad (Why would the Million Dollar Man ever associate with the common man?) I only wish he had actually forced Cody to wear his old mans polka dots. Now that would have been great!

Speaking of Cody...waht a joke. Yes, I understand you cannot concivable beat a man the size and strenght of Mark Henry. Suck it up princess. Don't bail like a coward (*cough Randy Orton cough*) stay in there and take your licks boy! Like your friend Ted...

I was relativly immpressed by the young Dibiase. There is no denying he has talent. Here's hoping we are close to seeing the end of Legacy so we can see him be more than Randy Orton's bitch. He held his own in his match though, so good on him for that.

The diva's match....yeah I fast forwarded through that. The diva's hold nothing for me, so I just wait for TNA to watch women wrestle. Although I did notice Gail Kim got the pin. Perhalps she might actually be used somewhat properly on Raw.

Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne...good match but too short. I like both the guys, and think they are fantastic talents. Hopefully one day we will see a longer match between them.

The VIP lounge rocked. May I just say now that I love MVP? I liked him as a heel, but the face push they are giving him is great. And watching the two time (two time) all american reject (okay so I added the last part in) back down from MVP was great. I hope MVP beats the stupid smirk off his face soon!

The main event was pathetic yet again, and the three way match for Night of Champions was so predictable my hubby called it at the start of the match. But that does bring me to another rant...

I am really frustraed with the WWE trying to "clean up" there shows. The F-U is now the attitude ajustment? THe STFU has lost a letter too. To that I say WTF. We cancelled WWE on demand because now they are editing blood out of the old matches, turning them black and white in places where somebody is busted wide open. I understand trying to be family friendly, but the shows on at 9pm, give us adults a break would ya? Even as a kid I would have thought this was hella lame. ANd while I'm on a tangent, whats with the King using all of JR lines? If you want JR back on Raw, then just freaking move him back there. As the hurricane would say "what's up with dat?"

Here's hoping next week will be better...although I'm quickly losing hope. At least I have Thursday (and Impact) to look forward to.

Till then, take it easy. And leave me your thoughts in the comments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments :)