Monday, July 6, 2009

My views on the current state of wrestling, or my state of the union address

Okay so as promised here are my views on the current state of pro wrestling. I figured the easy way to do this is show by show, so without further ado....

Raw- The flagship show really of the WWE. Monday night raw for the past few months has just plain sucked. Honestly, if I see Randy Orton win one more match by cheating I swear I'll scream! Legacy is a joke, the tag time division is a joke, the diva's....yeah there a joke too. The Diva's champ is annoying as all hell. And the worse part is they actually have some good talent on the Raw roster. So why are they not used properly? Why are guys like MVP and The Brian Kendrick not being used to there full potential? And yet the Miz gets to fight Cena week after freaking week. Does anybody give a crap? Not me. I watch this on my PVR and honestly I've been skipping most of it. And it saddens me to say it.

Smackdown- I have not been watching this regularly in about a year. I need to start again. The whole Vikki/Edge angle I hated, and it really turned me off this brand. However from what I've seen in the past few weeks, I'm liking this more than Raw (yeah I can't believe I said that either, but given my options...) They have some good talent in CM Punk, R-Truth and Jeff Hardy. The down side...well I have to listen to Chris Jericho go on and on. Not a good thing. And I used to be a Jericholic. I'll reserve anymore judgement on this show for now. In a few weeks I'll do another post about this, once I've had the chance to watch some more smackdown.

ECW- I don't watch it. I will not ever watch it. Not even Christian can make me want to watch. And I'm a peep through and through. I used to watch ECW in it's original incarnation. When it was EXTREME. Now it's just weak and watered down. Let's be honest, when Vince bought the name and the rights, he did it to kill the legacy of something that he did not create. And he's doing a fine job of it. That's all I have to say on that one for now.

TNA: Impact- Before you start to wonder why I would call my self a fan when I don't like anything that has the McMahon name on it right now. This is why. TNA is blowing everything the WWE has out of the water in my opinion. The talent they have is amazing, honestly amazing. The Knockouts are not like the Diva's. They actually fight...pretty hardcore too. I mean I've seen a chick thrown onto tacks twice in the past month. To me that's awesome. That the knockouts are not in bra and panty matches, they actually wrestle real matches is a huge plus to me. And it's not just the ladies. With talent like AJ Styles (my fav at the moment), Samoa Joe, Eric Young, Jay Lethal, Abyss...I could go on, but honestly they just blow my mind. These guys are so athletic and so talented . And the best part is most of them are not huge guys! Most of them are the guys that would be mid-carders or jobbers in the WWE. And then there are the tag teams. Beer Money and LAX are two that stand out to me. It's good to see the tag team is not truly dead. I don't think I even need to mention the talent they have acquired from WWE in past years. It must be the 6 sides, because I've never seen most of these guys look better!

If you've made it through this whole thing, Thank you!! I know it's a lot and next time I think I'll break it into separate entries. I would love to hear what you think about the state of wrestling. Please leave your thoughts in the comments. See you next time!

2 comments:

  1. And how could you not love the ongoing antics of the Raven and Dr. Stevie show? Though I swear to god... if Raven says "Quote the Raven Nevermore" one more bloody time I'm going to send that guy the collected works of Poe... and he should go back to the Clockwork Orange image he had going on before leaving last time... that was an image to go with the character like no other.

    Oh yeah... Bobby Lashley... hurry up and get your ass into the six sides man. The tease from a couple months ago sucked with no follow through. Grrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  2. All very true and valid points Rainman. Especially the Bobby Lashley one. I'll have to cover that later, because that's a post all of it's own *lol*

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments :)